- Location: 06790, Torrington, Connecticut
Connecticut Junior Republic
The per diem Clinician will provide Clinical Care to youth and families within the scope of privileges granted, provide support and logistical assistance to the Clinic Director as needed; and promote the CJR Wellness Center in the community.
The Connecticut Junior Republics (CJR) mission is to provide care, treatment, education and family support for at-risk, special needs and troubled young people so they can become productive and fulfilled members of their communities.
The Wellness Center in Litchfield has satellite sites in Meriden, New Britain, Torrington, Waterbury and Danbury. The Center will be primarily funded through third party reimbursement with referrals coming from parents/guardians, schools, community providers, physicians, juvenile probation, and DCF. The Center will serve children and youth, ages 11-18, and their families who reside in the communities of each clinic location. The Center will provide individual, family and group therapy as well as case management; psychopharmacology; educational advocacy; and in-home services.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Direct client care including individual, family, and group therapies, as well as case management services
• Adhere to and implement Wellness Center policies and procedures related to clinical care
• Engage in Supervision on a regular basis as Directed by Wellness Center Director and Medical Director
• Produce thoughtful, clinically sound and high quality written documentation including assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes
• Communicate with the Wellness Center Director regularly, relating clinic utilization, clinic activities, and other clinic related issues
• Participate in marketing activities related to promoting the CJR Wellness Center as requested by Wellness Center Director
• Liaison with community members around the function of and activities associated with the CJR Wellness Center
• Maintain all necessary paperwork as it relates to third party billing
• Maintain files and ensure paperwork is filed in a timely fashion
• Perform all related duties as required by supervisor
• License Preferred, will consider Masters Degree in a Human Service Profession with a license trajectory
• Minimum of 5 years experience in community based programs
• Clinical experience and knowledge regarding adolescent development, mental illness, influences of trauma, and coping skills
• Experience with individual therapy with adolescents as well as family therapy
• Knowledge of DSM and common diagnosis
• Training or certification in evidenced based treatment such as TF-CBT and experience with an Electronic Medical Record strongly preferred
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to formulate and articulate diagnosis
• Ability to formulate positive collaborative relationships with the community, funding sources, governmental relations and our client base
• Ability to work independently
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CJR recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
BENEFITS & CULTURE:
CJR prides itself on offering competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, an enjoyable working environment, and opportunities for career advancement.
• 3 Weeks of Vacation and 12 Sick Days to Start (Accrued Annually)
• Core Health/Dental/Life/LTD Insurance (at no cost to employee)
• Low-Cost Additional Life & Short Term Disability
• In-house Clinical Supervision
• Matching 401k to 3%
• Tuition Assistance
• Esteemed History
• Industry Leaders
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
Automotive TechnicianOther Jobs - Torrington (Connecticut) - 2019/04/23
Accelerate your potential Geared for the Driven Interested in a rewarding career with great pay, outstanding benefits and the opportunity to grow? Valvoline Instant Oil ChangeSM (VIOC), a division of ValvolineTM, is hiring Automotive Technicians. Whe...
Refrigerated Truck DrivingOther Jobs - Torrington (Connecticut) - 2019/04/23
Home weekly, Northeast Regional Refrigerated Truck Driving Job – Torrington, CT Shaffer Trucking is hiring professional truck drivers to join their Northeast Regional Fleet. On this fleet, you can expect to be on out for six days and home weekly, wit...
Truck DriverOther Jobs - Torrington (Connecticut) - 2019/04/23
Shaffer Trucking is hiring professional truck drivers to join their Northeast Regional Fleet. On this fleet, you can expect to be on out for six days and home weekly, with at least one day home each weekend. Apply Today! Fleet Information • Starting ...